About That “BLADE RUNNER” Water Pistol from Japan


There’s no fancy or smarter way of saying it (I certainly couldn’t rein in my excitement), but Introducing the “BLADE RUNNER WATER PISTOL”!

Made and released in Japan by Elfin Knights Project, the official name for this beauty is "M2019 WATER BLASTER (Takagi Type)" (in case you need to search for it :p) - so this might not be a fully-"licensed" product (TBC) ... and it is available in two editions:


The "Clear Black Type" (Brown handle colorway) is the classic version, while I suspect the "Clear Silver Type" (Blue Handle colorway) is the new “Blade Runner 2049”-version? Don’t care lah -iWANT!

I was first clued in it’s existence by Eldred circa Wonder Festival, and have been seeing it pop into folks collections via score-snaps online, and I certainly hope to join them soon on owning one - OR TWO!


Long had I wanted a Blaster-replica from when the Ridley Scott-directed film existed in 1982, but through the years, the exactingly detailed replicas meant the collectible being out of my financial reach, although ironically now, the water pistol exists in the basic form, from which I could perhaps custom-paint (which I would end up talking about, but never do…), much less to order it online and have it pass thru safely in Singapore-customs (“Gun” laws are insanely strict here in SG, even for “Airsoft” replicas - which I have nothing against all these years, until now… LOL).

Will me owning these toy guns remain a wistful-dream?

MAGZINE AD:

Folks beyond Japan can score these online via auction sites, but bear in mind the initial retail price (apparently) was US$12 (SRP 1,296 YEN excluding tax) each? Excluding “shipping”, of course! So that US$250 version you see listed? “Double Check” again! Adam Savage of TESTED tests out the gun, and thanks to him, I WANT IT EVEN MOOOOORE! Dammit I'm loosing my mind here…!


...one day, this will be ME holding the piece too ... :)

Comments

  1. What you have shared is very inspiring and informative. You’ve definitely got a new fan here! Thank you for sharing. Would love to see more updates from you.

    Electric Water Blaster

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment